Friday, August 01, 2008

Happy Birthday Dom Deluise!

I have had this on my site for a while and saw that Dom is turning 75 today and wanted to send him birthday wishes. Happy birthday Dom! He was so funny on the Dinner for Five set in Los Angeles where I shot this before they started taping the show. He really wanted for me to try and get a shot of him with lots of smoke surrounding him and he tried his hardest, but it just didn't work out very well with my small lighting set up. So I asked him be all serious with his cigarette and ended up loving those shots best. He then sat down to dinner with host Jon Favreau, Richard Lewis, John Herzfeld, a director, and Peter Falk and they taped for a few hours, telling great stories from the industry, me lurking behind the cameras with my sound-proofed blimp taking stills for promotions. Memorable experiences to say the least.

No comments: