Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Newfest Film Festival

In early June I set up shop and took portraits of people participating in NYC's lgbt film festival, known as Newfest. It celebrated its 23rd anniversary this year and screened some great new films. I worked out of the Logo Lounge aka The Cell across the street from the SVA Theater on 23rd St in an upstairs area that was private and had a cool chalkboard wall. I met so many wonderful people and love this series. I just put up a new portfolio on my site from the week if you want to see more. Check out Newfest's site here. Included here are directors Tina Mabry, Kyle Thomas Coker and Brian Harris Krinski; actors Derrick Middleton, Aidan Schultz-Meyer, Brian Seibert and Holly Lynn Ellis; filmmaker & photographer Katrina Del Mar, Barney's creative director Simon Doonan; and three time world champion figure skater Johnny Weir. Quite a group.

No comments: