Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oahu

What a COMPLETE slacker in my posting. It has almost been a month! I have been busy working on the book, stories, edit and pulling it all together. Also went to Hawaii, which was the LAST state to visit for the project. Hard to believe I have been to all 50 states in two years. A GREAT feeling and accomplishment. And one well worth the effort. I think it will be awesome.

Anyway, here are scenics from the first part of our Hawaiian adventure which was Oahu. We stayed in the Waikiki section of Honolulu. A nice little hotel a few blocks from the beach, our room faced a canal and the mountains and was beautiful. We traveled to the eastern side of the island one day and headed north to shoot 19 year old Brian in the Kahana Valley, who grew up there surrounded by family just inside the park. That side of the island was lush and green and also where they shoot "Lost". One of these shots has the green mountainside that u can easily pick out from scenes on the show. The black island out in the water is Chinaman's Hat also nearby. The shots with the hotels are on the famous Waikiki Beach. We also hiked a trail at the southern part of the island to big cliffs overlooking the ocean and posed for shots on top of the rocks for my friend Derek.

It is the first time that Nick joined me on a shoot for the project and we combined a vacation with it. My schedule was way more relaxed than usual and as a result I took many a picture. Had a GREAT time with Nick and hope he can join me for more in the future. :) Btw, lots of clouds on the whole trip, but made for some great pics.

No comments: