Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Carrie Fisher

I have been lucky enough to photograph Carrie Fisher a couple of times through the years and she has to be one of my all time favorites. I mean Princess Leia for crying out loud. She has the sickest sense of humor and is one of the most down to earth celebrities I have met in the industry. Her battle with bipolar depression and the way she handles it is inspirational. Lord knows that I deal with my fair share of depression and I find her humor and honesty on the subject refreshing. She was just on the Bonnie Hunt show yesterday and it reminded me of our shoots. I love this photo of her and think it is so sincere and sexual at the same time, dare I say, even a little Mrs. Robinsonesque. It was even a Sunday afternoon too...I'm not joking. Hopefully she won't hate it if her people ever stumble across it. I know that she has a soft spot in her heart for gay guys and often puts up artists in her guest house out in LA so I've daydreamed that I could become her in-house photographer, documenting her fabulous life and interesting friends. Dream on Scott... As her ex-husband Paul Simon wrote and seems rather fitting, "Here's to you Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you will know, woah woah woah."

1 comment:

MJ said...

She does kinda have that "hot librarian" look to her. I was reading something on Huffington Post the other day about her and it wasn't very friendly to her for some reason. I didn't think it was fair.