Monday, January 05, 2009

Marisa Tomei

With Marisa Tomei again in the headlines for her role in The Wrestler, I decided to post some shots I took of her on set a few years ago. She was very sweet as I remember and certainly stunning, as seen here. My friend Craig also has a huge crush on her and wanted to see the pictures I had taken. Here you go dude. Anyway, after doing a little research on IMDB, I thought I'd include a few interesting facts about her. She was born in Brooklyn in 1964 to an English teacher mother and a lawyer father. She has one brother, Adam, also an actor. She dropped out of college for a co-starring role on As the World Turns and soon after that she was cast as Lisa Bonet's college roommate on A Different World. From one world to another... or was that another soap? My attempt at a little humor, ha! Her big break came in 1992 when she starred alongside Jo Pesci in My Cousin Vinny which earned her her first Oscar nomination for best supporting actress and subsequent win. Nine years later, she was nominated again for her role in In The Bedroom and I wouldn't be surprised if she did it again this year. Congrats Marisa!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Craig is not the only one!